Skip to content
South African Live
Menu
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • Politics
  • Fashion
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Business
  • About us
Menu

Ashley Ogle breaks silence, disputes Sweet Guluva’s claims about reaching out over paternity

Posted on February 17, 2026
54

Ashley Ogle denies blocking access to Sweet Guluva

Ashley Ogle has publicly responded to recent claims made by Sweet Guluva, real name Akhonamathemba Zwane, regarding the paternity of her newborn son.

Taking to her Instagram Stories, Ogle refuted statements suggesting that Zwane had reached out to her and her family about the pregnancy and birth of her child.

She firmly stated that no such attempt had been made.

“I would like to put it on record that no such attempt has been made to me and my family,” she wrote.

Ogle further said she could not deny access to someone who had not made any effort to be involved during her pregnancy or at the time of her son’s birth.

According to her statement, the last contact she had with Zwane was after the baby was born, when he allegedly asked whether he had been registered on the birth certificate.

She claims she informed him that he was not listed, as he was not present at the time of registration.

Ogle also revealed that Zwane requested to meet in a public space, but she declined the meeting, saying she was uncomfortable doing so shortly after giving birth.

Addressing references to Zulu cultural practices mentioned in earlier statements, Ogle alleged that her parents were disrespected throughout her pregnancy and that proper procedures were not followed.

She also detailed the emotional toll the situation has had on her, claiming she endured public bullying from Zwane’s fans and some of his associates, as well as humiliation, defamatory remarks, and discussions about her mental health at family gatherings.

Ogle further alleged that aspects of her private life were shared with former housemates, friends, family members and fans.

In her closing remarks, Ogle said that since Zwane is now “suddenly unsure” about the paternity of her son, she has nothing further to discuss with him directly.

She confirmed that all future communication will be handled through her legal representatives and that she will not be making any additional public comments on the matter.

Read Ash-ley’s full statement below:

Recent Posts

  • Ashley Ogle breaks silence, disputes Sweet Guluva’s claims about reaching out over paternity
  • Another Orlando Pirates star joins Stellenbosch
  • ‘You auctioned our country’: Opposition slams Ramaphosa’s Sona on economy, corruption and crime
  • Is vaccination the answer to foot-and-mouth disease? 
  • Starlink expands public advocacy campaign as it pushes for SA licence

First established in 2020 by iReport Media Group, southafricanlive.co.za has evolved to become one of the most-read websites in South Africa. Published by iReport Media Group since 2020, find out all about us right here.

We bring you the latest breaking news updates, from South Africa and the African continent. South African Live is an independent, no agenda and no bias online news disruptor that goes beyond the news and behind the headlines. We believe what sets us apart is that we deliver news differently. While we hold ourselves to the utmost journalistic integrity of being truthful, we encourage a writing style that is acerbic and conversational, when appropriate.

LATEST NEWS

  • Ashley Ogle breaks silence, disputes Sweet Guluva’s claims about reaching out over paternity
  • Another Orlando Pirates star joins Stellenbosch
  • ‘You auctioned our country’: Opposition slams Ramaphosa’s Sona on economy, corruption and crime
  • Is vaccination the answer to foot-and-mouth disease? 
  • Starlink expands public advocacy campaign as it pushes for SA licence

Menu

  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Fashion
  • Sports
  • About us
©2026 South African Live | Design: Newspaperly WordPress Theme