The murder case against the man accused of plotting the killing of DJ Warras has been delayed for another four weeks.
Victor Mthethwa Majola, 44, appeared in the Gauteng Division of the High Court in Johannesburg on Wednesday, 19 August.
He faces charges of premeditated murder and conspiracy to commit murder.
The charges relate to the death of Warrick Stock, popularly known as DJ Warras. He was shot outside the Zambesi Building in the Johannesburg CBD on 16 December 2025.
NPA opposes postponement
In a statement on Wednesday, the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) said Majola’s defence had applied for a postponement.
His lawyers told the court they needed more time to obtain financial instructions.
The State opposed the application. Prosecutors said they had served the defence with the necessary documents and were ready for trial.
The court granted the defence another four weeks. It marked the postponement as final to allow Majola’s counsel enough time to secure funds.
The case will return to court on 18 September 2026.
The NPA said it remained committed to avoiding unnecessary delays while respecting Majola’s right to a fair trial.
Gunman already serving 25 years
Majola was charged alongside Joaquim Armando Pacula, 25, who has since admitted killing Stock.
Pacula pleaded guilty and entered into a plea and sentence agreement with the State.
He admitted shooting Stock for R25 000 and received an effective 25-year prison sentence earlier this month.
Pacula also pleaded guilty to charges linked to the unlawful possession of a firearm and ammunition, as well as contravening immigration laws.
Majola still faces trial over his alleged role in the killing.
What happened to DJ Warras?
Stock was a well-known radio and entertainment personality. He also worked in the security industry.
At the time of his death, Stock was involved in security work at the Zambesi Building in Johannesburg.
He was shot outside the building on 16 December 2025.
Majola has remained in custody after the Johannesburg Magistrate’s Court denied him bail in January. The court raised concerns about conflicting residential addresses, possible witness intimidation and the risk that he could evade trial.
