Skip to content
South African Live
Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Business
  • About us
Menu

Sundowns star Marcelo Allende in his final season, no talks yet

Posted on August 19, 2026
47

Mamelodi Sundowns star midfielder Marcelo Allende has confirmed that he is in his final season with the club.

Allende joined the Brazilians from Uruguyan Montevideo City Torque on a three-year deal with an option to renew in 2022.

He told the media on Monday that his current deal will expire in June 2027, and that there has not been talks over his future as yet.

However, that doesn’t worry Allende as he said his focus is on giving his best whenever he’s given the opportunity to represent the club.

Also read: Former Sundowns striker returns to Ethiopia

ALLENDE IN HIS FINAL SEASON WITH SUNDOWNS BUT…

“I am focused on my last year here at the club, and I haven’t spoken to anyone [regarding my future]. I am really focused,” said Allende.

“When I have to play, I will always give my 100 percent because the most important thing is the results and to bring good things to the club.”

Also read | Kaizer Chiefs transfer news: Lorch is NOT joining Amakhosi

ALLENDE’S NUMBERS AT THE BRAZILIANS

Allende has undoubtedly been a key figure in that Sundowns team since his arrival four years ago.

The 27-year-old has featured in 177 official game for the Brazilians. He has 16 goals and 16 assists to his name.

Allende is one of the senior members within the team, and he sometimes captains Sundowns in the absence of the appointed skippers.

Recent Posts

  • BREAKING | USINDISO FIRE TRIAL REOPENED INSTEAD OF JUDGMENT: STATE LEADS MORE EV…
  • Ntathu Zungu’s 702 mic adventure leaves social media in stitches
  • Sundowns star Marcelo Allende in his final season, no talks yet
  • Mark Burke Distances Himself From Kastelo Amid SARB Probe
  • Cape Town Sets Strict Rules For Election Posters

First established in 2020 by iReport Media Group, southafricanlive.co.za has evolved to become one of the most-read websites in South Africa. Published by iReport Media Group since 2020, find out all about us right here.

We bring you the latest breaking news updates, from South Africa and the African continent. South African Live is an independent, no agenda and no bias online news disruptor that goes beyond the news and behind the headlines. We believe what sets us apart is that we deliver news differently. While we hold ourselves to the utmost journalistic integrity of being truthful, we encourage a writing style that is acerbic and conversational, when appropriate.

LATEST NEWS

  • BREAKING | USINDISO FIRE TRIAL REOPENED INSTEAD OF JUDGMENT: STATE LEADS MORE EV…
  • Ntathu Zungu’s 702 mic adventure leaves social media in stitches
  • Sundowns star Marcelo Allende in his final season, no talks yet
  • Mark Burke Distances Himself From Kastelo Amid SARB Probe
  • Cape Town Sets Strict Rules For Election Posters

Menu

  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Fashion
  • Sports
  • About us
©2026 South African Live | Design: Newspaperly WordPress Theme