Skip to content
South African Live
Menu
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • Politics
  • Fashion
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Business
  • About us
Menu

‘Scandal!’ star Given Stuurman reacts to claims he is down and out

Posted on August 28, 2025
101

Actor Given Stuurman has brushed off reports suggesting he has fallen on hard times.

In a TikTok video, the former Scandal! star is seen on what appears to be a set.

He says as someone films him: “Don’t take a video of me. They said I am unemployed. You will blow my cover.”

The video was captioned: “Given is okay. You guys don’t respect people.”

ALSO READ: ‘This one hit home’ – Given Stuurman on Sello Motloung’s death

‘His life has changed a lot’

Earlier this month, Drum reported that the actor was allegedly struggling since leaving Scandal!

Neighbours quoted in the publication claimed he was no longer the same person he once was, saying money troubles had taken their toll.

“He’s not the same person we knew when he was on Scandal! His life has changed a lot.

“When we speak to him, he also admits that his downfall was money and how he misused it. He now has piecemeal jobs, a far cry from when he had a glittering TV job,” one neighbour reportedly said.

Stuurman is well-known for his role as Kgosi in Scandal!, which he played for over a decade.

He also starred in Tshisa, Gauteng Maboneng, Shuga and the film Straight Outta Benoni. His international credits include a small role in the Clint Eastwood-directed film Invictus.

NOW READ: Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce’s fairytale engagement and Ronaldo’s surprise proposal news

Recent Posts

  • Mawelele dedicates new song ‘Forever’ to girlfriend Liu Bassie
  • Jason Liebrecht at Comic Con Cape Town
  • New star shows why Sundowns paid R58 million
  • R57bn profit sees Gold Fields deliver R4bn special dividends to investors
  • Major League DJz raise concerns over growing divisions in amapiano

First established in 2020 by iReport Media Group, southafricanlive.co.za has evolved to become one of the most-read websites in South Africa. Published by iReport Media Group since 2020, find out all about us right here.

We bring you the latest breaking news updates, from South Africa and the African continent. South African Live is an independent, no agenda and no bias online news disruptor that goes beyond the news and behind the headlines. We believe what sets us apart is that we deliver news differently. While we hold ourselves to the utmost journalistic integrity of being truthful, we encourage a writing style that is acerbic and conversational, when appropriate.

LATEST NEWS

  • Mawelele dedicates new song ‘Forever’ to girlfriend Liu Bassie
  • Jason Liebrecht at Comic Con Cape Town
  • New star shows why Sundowns paid R58 million
  • R57bn profit sees Gold Fields deliver R4bn special dividends to investors
  • Major League DJz raise concerns over growing divisions in amapiano

Menu

  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Fashion
  • Sports
  • About us
©2026 South African Live | Design: Newspaperly WordPress Theme