Skip to content
South African Live
Menu
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • Politics
  • Fashion
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Business
  • About us
Menu

Orlando Pirates new top signing set to miss MTN8 clash

Posted on July 23, 2025
70

Orlando Pirates could be without their new top signing Oswin Appollis, ahead of their MTN8 opener against Polokwane City.

The Buccaneers take on Rise and Shine at the Orlando Stadium on 2 August in the quarter-finals of the MTN8. Pirates have won the competition four times in the last five editions and are heavy favourites to lift the cup.

With new coach Abdeslam Ouaddou at the helm, it remains to be seen if the Sea Robbers will still have their cup magic. Speaking following their pre-season tour in Spain, the Orlando Pirates coach confirmed that some players sustained minor injuries, but did not specify if any of them were new signings.

“It is expected that there will be some minor injuries and swelling in various players since football is played by young men,” Ouaddou said as per Isolezwe.

Orlando Pirates new signing Appollis suffer minor injury

Appollis played several pre-season friendly matches and against Pafos, he looked explosive, which convinced Pirates fans that the club made the right choice signing the 23-year-old

He missed the games against former La Liga clubs UD Las Palmas and Granada CF due to a minor injury, according to reports. It is unknown if the new signing will be ready for Orlando Pirates’ opening fixture.

Has Appollis impressed you so far?

Let us know by leaving a comment below, or send a WhatsApp to 060 011 0211.

Subscribe to The South African website’s newsletters and follow us on WhatsApp, Facebook, X and Bluesky for the latest news.

Recent Posts

  • Al Ahly terminate Jose Riveiro’s contract
  • Vanessa Hudgens shares motherhood insights in Los Angeles
  • Ouaddou unhappy despite Pirates victory over Chippa
  • The most overhyped but underwhelming product in history
  • What Nabi told his Kaizer Chiefs players 

First established in 2020 by iReport Media Group, southafricanlive.co.za has evolved to become one of the most-read websites in South Africa. Published by iReport Media Group since 2020, find out all about us right here.

We bring you the latest breaking news updates, from South Africa and the African continent. South African Live is an independent, no agenda and no bias online news disruptor that goes beyond the news and behind the headlines. We believe what sets us apart is that we deliver news differently. While we hold ourselves to the utmost journalistic integrity of being truthful, we encourage a writing style that is acerbic and conversational, when appropriate.

LATEST NEWS

  • Al Ahly terminate Jose Riveiro’s contract
  • Vanessa Hudgens shares motherhood insights in Los Angeles
  • Ouaddou unhappy despite Pirates victory over Chippa
  • The most overhyped but underwhelming product in history
  • What Nabi told his Kaizer Chiefs players 

Menu

  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Fashion
  • Sports
  • About us
©2025 South African Live | Design: Newspaperly WordPress Theme