Skip to content
South African Live
Menu
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • Politics
  • Fashion
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Business
  • About us
Menu

Lucas Ribeiro returns, Shalulile’s potential exit

Posted on August 1, 2025
65

Mamelodi Sundowns are gearing up for their MTN8 challenge against Richards Bay at the Lucas Moripe Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

The Brazilians recently returned to training after participating in the FIFA Club World Cup last month. With just three weeks of rest, Miguel Cardoso’s men are again back in action and will look for a good start to their 2025.26 season.

Downs forward, Lucas Ribeiro, was rumoured with an exit, but the 26-year-old is back with the team and raring to go.

“It’s been a very good season,” the Brazilian attacker said. “The team played well, and it wasn’t an easy season because we played many games, but I am very happy to have won individual trophies,” Ribeiro said. “I don’t play alone; I owe this to my teammates, the club Mamelodi Sundowns, the supporters, and the coach. The coach put my level very high, and I am very happy.”

Mamelodi Sundowns keep Ribeiro

“Training today [Thursday] was good, I’m very happy, I’m back for training for my team. I’m very happy with the training.

“It’s a very important game; the supporters must give everything, push the guys on the pitch. It’s very important. It’ll be a good game on Sunday.”

One Mamelodi Sundowns attacker destined to leave is Peter Shalulile. The Namibian has been linked with a move to North African giants Esperance.

Since Cardoso took over, the experienced striker has seen little gametime and could be plotting a move away from Chloorkop after he left the Masandawana camp on Friday, as per FARPost.

Shalulile has scored a record of 130 goals in 290 games across his PSL career with both Mamelodi Sundowns and Highlands Park.

Will Shalulile leave Masandawana?

Let us know by leaving a comment below, or send a WhatsApp to 060 011 0211.

Subscribe to The South African website’s newsletters and follow us on WhatsApp, Facebook, X and Bluesky for the latest news.

Recent Posts

  • LIVE | Chippa United vs Orlando Pirates
  • New mining giants tipped to drive Africa’s critical minerals boom
  • Lil Nas X’s dad opens up on rapper’s emotional breakdown
  • Nabi praises Da Silva and Petersen after Chiefs win
  • Black Coffee, Zakes Bantwini and Oskido join fans in hailing Scorpion Kings’ Loftus Stadium success

First established in 2020 by iReport Media Group, southafricanlive.co.za has evolved to become one of the most-read websites in South Africa. Published by iReport Media Group since 2020, find out all about us right here.

We bring you the latest breaking news updates, from South Africa and the African continent. South African Live is an independent, no agenda and no bias online news disruptor that goes beyond the news and behind the headlines. We believe what sets us apart is that we deliver news differently. While we hold ourselves to the utmost journalistic integrity of being truthful, we encourage a writing style that is acerbic and conversational, when appropriate.

LATEST NEWS

  • LIVE | Chippa United vs Orlando Pirates
  • New mining giants tipped to drive Africa’s critical minerals boom
  • Lil Nas X’s dad opens up on rapper’s emotional breakdown
  • Nabi praises Da Silva and Petersen after Chiefs win
  • Black Coffee, Zakes Bantwini and Oskido join fans in hailing Scorpion Kings’ Loftus Stadium success

Menu

  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Fashion
  • Sports
  • About us
©2025 South African Live | Design: Newspaperly WordPress Theme