Kaizer Chiefs co-coach Cedric Kaze is unsure if he and Khalil Ben Youssef will stay at the club next season.
The two took over as co-coaches in September last year, guiding the club to third in the Betway Premiership.
Speaking after the 1-0 loss to Chippa United on Saturday, Kaze admitted that he would like to continue at Kaizer Chiefs next season.
“I knew that this question would come. I didn’t just expect that it would be the first question,” Kaze told reporters.
“I thought that the first question would be about the tactic of the games but fair enough.
“It’s up to the board, next week probably we will meet and to assess as well the season, as well as the coaches.
“There are things that we have to put on the table that we believe that would push the team forward.”
Despite finishing trophyless, Kaze and Ben Youssef ended the season strongly, earning a draw against Mamelodi Sundowns and Orlando Pirates.
Kaizer Chiefs undecided on coaches
“I’m hoping so, I’m hoping that we have made it difficult [for the board] with the results this season,” The Amakhosi coach said when asked if he did enough to warrant another season.
“It’s going to be a discussion between two parties that have lived together well and I’m pretty sure that you will get the information.”
Kaizer Chiefs Sporting Director Kaizer Motaung Jr did not give much away when asked about the future of the coaches.
“Everyone behind the scenes has worked very hard and the co-coaches themselves must take a lot of credit,” the Amakhosi boss said.
“The players must take a lot of credit.
“Our recruitment department must take a lot of credit because I think everything is definitely a culmination of work and planning,” Motaung Jr added as per GOAL.
