Skip to content
South African Live
Menu
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • Politics
  • Fashion
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Business
  • About us
Menu

Internet reacts to viral video of Luthuli Dlamini walking from shop

Posted on January 22, 2026
99

A widely shared video of legendary actor Luthuli Dlamini walking from the local shops has caused a stir on social media.

In the video clip, fans seated in a car greeted the thespian. He greeted back and appreciated the recognition. In his hand, Luthuli had a plastic bag from Shoprite and was eating a packet of Lay’s chips. The individuals in the car then ask him to come over to them, and offered him an alcoholic beverage which he accepted and continued to walk.

Internet users shared different opinions about the video clip, with some sharing their concerns about Luthuli. Last year, the actor had to set the record straight on social media after online reports alleged that he was homeless.

Debunking the claims, he said: “I just wanted to dispel all of those concerns about me being homeless. I am not homeless at all. I am living in a beautiful place in Durban, lots of sunshine,” he said.

He looks clean and just a regular dude . Why is he being recorded ????

Fame is annoying , let the man live . https://t.co/niIObmw6rc

— Thandubuntu (@Solphendukaa) January 22, 2026

Luthuli is renowned for roles he played on Scandal!, Generations, The Road, Coconuts and more.

After seeing the recent viral video, X (formerly Twitter) users weighed in:

Who is taking care of our legendary actors 🤧😭😭 pic.twitter.com/W0fF4CbKgr

— Mnyamani 👑 (@Zikamnyamane) January 21, 2026

I just can’t get used to this era of making content out of people. So invasive. I hate it. https://t.co/iPDMknkd04

— Siza Zungu (@Zah_Zungu) January 21, 2026

What’s wrong with someone taking a walk to the shops?🤷🏽‍♀️ He looks happy and content.

— PatrioticMotso🇿🇦 (@MoMotswanaK) January 21, 2026

 

Also see: ‘I’m not homeless’ – Luthuli Dlamini responds to false rumours

Recent Posts

  • Ashley Ogle breaks silence, disputes Sweet Guluva’s claims about reaching out over paternity
  • Another Orlando Pirates star joins Stellenbosch
  • ‘You auctioned our country’: Opposition slams Ramaphosa’s Sona on economy, corruption and crime
  • Is vaccination the answer to foot-and-mouth disease? 
  • Starlink expands public advocacy campaign as it pushes for SA licence

First established in 2020 by iReport Media Group, southafricanlive.co.za has evolved to become one of the most-read websites in South Africa. Published by iReport Media Group since 2020, find out all about us right here.

We bring you the latest breaking news updates, from South Africa and the African continent. South African Live is an independent, no agenda and no bias online news disruptor that goes beyond the news and behind the headlines. We believe what sets us apart is that we deliver news differently. While we hold ourselves to the utmost journalistic integrity of being truthful, we encourage a writing style that is acerbic and conversational, when appropriate.

LATEST NEWS

  • Ashley Ogle breaks silence, disputes Sweet Guluva’s claims about reaching out over paternity
  • Another Orlando Pirates star joins Stellenbosch
  • ‘You auctioned our country’: Opposition slams Ramaphosa’s Sona on economy, corruption and crime
  • Is vaccination the answer to foot-and-mouth disease? 
  • Starlink expands public advocacy campaign as it pushes for SA licence

Menu

  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Fashion
  • Sports
  • About us
©2026 South African Live | Design: Newspaperly WordPress Theme