Skip to content
South African Live
Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Business
  • About us
Menu

“I will continue to defend my name”: Bonko Khoza breaks silence on Nirvana Nokwe allegations

Posted on May 19, 2026
46

Bonko Khoza

Bonko Khoza has publicly responded to allegations made by singer and actress Nirvana Nokwe, who recently claimed that she was sexually assaulted during the filming of Red Ink.

The allegations sparked heated debate on social media after Nokwe shared her claims online, placing the former The Wife actor at the centre of public scrutiny.

Khoza addressed the matter in a statement released on his Instagram account.

In the post, the SAFTA-nominated actor acknowledged the seriousness of the accusations and said he had attempted to handle the situation with understanding while seeking clarity on the claims made against him.

“I wish to address the allegations recently circulated by Ms Nirvana Nokwe Mseleku regarding an incident said to have occurred during the filming of Red Ink on 10 September 2023,” he wrote.

The actor also confirmed that a criminal case had been opened against him with the South African Police Service and revealed that he had already been interviewed by authorities at Braamfontein Police Station as part of the investigation.

While refraining from going into detail about the allegations themselves, Khoza maintained his innocence and said he intended to protect his reputation through legal channels.

“I will continue to defend my name, dignity, and reputation against unfounded accusations. I intend to fully exercise my legal rights, bringing this matter to a finality,” he said.

His statement quickly drew reactions online, with social media users divided over the unfolding controversy.

Read his full statement below:

Recent Posts

  • Eskom threatens to cut power to Joburg
  • “I will continue to defend my name”: Bonko Khoza breaks silence on Nirvana Nokwe allegations
  • Rami Chuene urges artists to read their contracts
  • PSL Daily: Pirates ticket price, Chiefs captain speaks, Sundowns CAF final
  • The psychology behind impulse buying

First established in 2020 by iReport Media Group, southafricanlive.co.za has evolved to become one of the most-read websites in South Africa. Published by iReport Media Group since 2020, find out all about us right here.

We bring you the latest breaking news updates, from South Africa and the African continent. South African Live is an independent, no agenda and no bias online news disruptor that goes beyond the news and behind the headlines. We believe what sets us apart is that we deliver news differently. While we hold ourselves to the utmost journalistic integrity of being truthful, we encourage a writing style that is acerbic and conversational, when appropriate.

LATEST NEWS

  • Eskom threatens to cut power to Joburg
  • “I will continue to defend my name”: Bonko Khoza breaks silence on Nirvana Nokwe allegations
  • Rami Chuene urges artists to read their contracts
  • PSL Daily: Pirates ticket price, Chiefs captain speaks, Sundowns CAF final
  • The psychology behind impulse buying

Menu

  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Fashion
  • Sports
  • About us
©2026 South African Live | Design: Newspaperly WordPress Theme