Bomb Production company releases statement in response to Nirvana Nokwe sexual assault claim
Bomb Productions has finally addressed the sexual assault allegations made by actress and singer Nirvana Nokwe against her former Red Ink co-star Bonko Khoza.
The production company released a lengthy public statement on Wednesday, 20 May 2026, hours after Nokwe-Mseleku appeared in a telephone interview on a YouTube episode of Music Pulse, where the matter was discussed further.
In its statement, Bomb Productions stressed that it does not tolerate abuse of any kind and said the allegations were treated with urgency from the moment they were raised.
“When Ms Nirvana Nokwe-Mseleku raised her concerns, they were immediately taken seriously, and an extensive process of consultation and investigation was initiated,” the company stated.
According to the production house, the internal investigation that followed was unable to confirm the allegations due to a lack of sufficient evidence.
“The investigation concluded without sufficient evidence to substantiate the allegations.”
Bomb Productions also revealed that both Nokwe-Mseleku and Khoza were informed of the outcome and advised about additional avenues they could pursue if they were unhappy with the findings.
The company went on to detail the procedures that were allegedly followed before filming the controversial scene.
Bomb Productions claimed that both actors had been informed in advance about the nature and intensity of the scene before signing contracts.
It also stated that consent and comfort levels were repeatedly checked during rehearsals and filming.
According to the statement, a safety officer was present on set and both actors were reminded that they had the right to stop the scene or call for filming to pause if they became uncomfortable at any point.
The production company further alleged that once Nokwe-Mseleku raised concerns after filming, production for the day was immediately halted.
Bomb Productions said several meetings and consultations followed, involving producers, directors and key crew members who had been present during the shoot.
The statement also revealed that Nokwe-Mseleku allegedly requested a formal apology letter from Khoza during discussions surrounding the matter.
However, the actor reportedly declined.
“Mr Khoza stated he did not agree with the allegations made by Ms Nokwe-Mseleku and was thus not willing to write any letter.”
Bomb Productions added that emotional support services were offered to Nokwe-Mseleku at the company’s expense.
The company also consulted legal representatives as well as SWIFT (Sisters Working in Film & Television) during the process.
The statement has since sparked intense reactions online, with social media users divided over the production company’s response.
Read the full statement below:
— Bomb Productions (@O_GrandJo) May 20, 2026
