Skip to content
South African Live
Menu
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • Politics
  • Fashion
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Business
  • About us
Menu

Arthur Mafokate’s company secures R1.8M in state funding despite past controversies

Posted on July 22, 2025
84

Arthur Mafokate receives funding from the government

Arthur Mafokate has sparked public backlash after his marketing company, Roadshow Marketing received approval for R1.8 million in funding from the Department of Sports, Arts and Culture.

The announcement, made by Minister Gayton McKenzie as part of the Mzansi Golden Economy (MGE) initiative, has reignited criticism surrounding Mafokate’s previous legal troubles.

Legendary Kwaito artist and founder of 999 Records revealed that the funding was acquired through proper channels.

“We applied through the official department MGE process, met all the stipulated requirements, and were approved on merit.”

However, the public is outraged and the frustration stems from Mafokate’s history, including allegations that he benefited from a National Lotteries Commission grant under questionable circumstances.

Although never convicted, he was previously implicated in fund mismanagement, with the Special Investigating Unit reportedly attaching some of his assets during the probe.

A source familiar with the situation told Sunday World, “We must not forget that Mafokate was previously implicated in the misappropriation of funds, and his assets were even attached by the Special Investigating Unit. Yet here we are, seeing his company once again positioned to receive millions. How does this happen when so many deserving and emerging artists are struggling for support?”

Recent Posts

  • Life, Career and Legacy 2025
  • Discarded Kaizer Chiefs player moves to Iraq
  • ‘Time for meaningful change is now,’ says labour minister after partial win over race quotas
  • Lupita Nyong’o honours Chadwick Boseman’s memory
  • Arrows need no motivation to face Chiefs

First established in 2020 by iReport Media Group, southafricanlive.co.za has evolved to become one of the most-read websites in South Africa. Published by iReport Media Group since 2020, find out all about us right here.

We bring you the latest breaking news updates, from South Africa and the African continent. South African Live is an independent, no agenda and no bias online news disruptor that goes beyond the news and behind the headlines. We believe what sets us apart is that we deliver news differently. While we hold ourselves to the utmost journalistic integrity of being truthful, we encourage a writing style that is acerbic and conversational, when appropriate.

LATEST NEWS

  • Life, Career and Legacy 2025
  • Discarded Kaizer Chiefs player moves to Iraq
  • ‘Time for meaningful change is now,’ says labour minister after partial win over race quotas
  • Lupita Nyong’o honours Chadwick Boseman’s memory
  • Arrows need no motivation to face Chiefs

Menu

  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Fashion
  • Sports
  • About us
©2025 South African Live | Design: Newspaperly WordPress Theme