By Bulelwa Hoala
- ActionSA has rejected Xolani Khumalo’s appointment as MMC for Community Services and By-Law Enforcement in Ekurhuleni, calling the city’s administration “failing.”
- Khumalo’s court case, which involves assault and firearm charges, has been postponed to 23 February.
- The Sizok’thola host has previously faced murder and robbery charges related to incidents that occurred during the filming of his reality show.
ActionSA has rejected the appointment of Moja Love’s Sizokthola TV presenter Xolani Khumalo as Member of the Mayoral Committee (MMC) for Community Services and By-Law Enforcement in the City of Ekurhuleni.
In a statement on Wednesday, 18 February 2026, ActionSA leader Herman Mashaba said the party would not participate in Ekurhuleni Mayor Nkosindiphile Xhakaza’s “failing” administration.
“Our position has been very clear on every occasion: we will not lend credibility to an administration that has overseen lawlessness and the deterioration of service delivery, which continues to cripple the city,” Mashaba said.
Meanwhile, a group of ActionSA members gathered outside the Palm Ridge Magistrates Court on Wednesday to show support for Khumalo, whose matter has been postponed to Monday, 23 February.
Khumalo is facing charges of assault with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and pointing a firearm, stemming from an incident involving a suspected drug dealer in Katlehong in December 2025.
According to EWN, he allegedly assaulted the man and pointed a gun at him during a drug-bust raid attended by police and private security. He is charged alongside Duma Radebe, the chairperson of Gauteng’s anti-crime units.
Most recently, a murder charge was opened after a Nigerian man was shot and killed during the filming of Khumalo’s drug-busting reality show Sizokthola on Sunday, 8 February, in Windsor East, Johannesburg.
Khumalo had also faced murder, robbery, and malicious damage to property charges in 2023 after suspected drug dealer Robert Varrie was killed during filming of Sizok’thloka, though the charges were dropped in April 2025.
READ NEXT: Alleged Nigerian drug dealer killed during Xolani Khumalo’s anti-drug operation in Ekurhuleni
The post ActionSA rejects Ekurhuleni MMC appointment for Xolani Khumalo amid court battles appeared first on KAYA 959.
